My Appearance on DjangoChat2019-08-21
A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of talking over the internet with Will Vincent and Carlton Gibson about lots of Django-related topics. They somewhat informed me it was being recorded for a podcast.
Now the day I anticipated and feared is here. I discovered through this tweet that my voice is online:
Episode 27 - MySQL & Security with Adam Johnson (@AdamChainz) is now live!
Adam is a Django core developer responsible for the popular django-mysql package. We discuss why MySQL still makes sense with Django, security, hosting on AWS, and more.
We talked about all kinds of things including:
- How I got started with Django
- Why MySQL and MariaDB are still a competitive databases for Django apps—despite their relative unpopularity in the community and ecosystem fragmentation.
- Ways to host Django
- My security talk at DjangoCon Europe this year
- Testing Django applications, coverage and speeding up tests
If you’re interested in Django, head on over to the website and listen to Episode 027: MySQL & Security.
(P.S. Don’t get mixed up and go to the wrong Twitter account, @DjangoChat, unless you want to see an adorable French cat.)
- How to Score A+ for Security Headers on Your Django Website
- Getting a Django Application to 100% Coverage
- Django's Test Case Classes and a Three Times Speed-Up
© 2019 All rights reserved.